Hastings Secondary College is operational.
For students who are currently absent from their campus or in self isolation we have an online model to support our student learning.
Teachers are currently creating resources for students to use in a variety of modes; this includes booklets of work, online learning links and direct contact via email. These resources focus on improving Literacy and Numeracy and will be updated regularly.
The intention is that students work through the activities.The links can be used as a self paced learning or to facilitate current assessment tasks which students are encouraged to continue working on.
As we update the resources regularly on this page and you will be notified via Facebook, newsletter and the Website.
Those students who do not have devices or unreliable internet connection, work will be printed out for collection at the front office at your campus. Hardcopy learning packs by Year are available for collection from your Campus front office at the end of the day 23 March 2020.
Please contact your campus should you require any further information.
Access Student Online Resources
Access to the online student resources can be gained through the following link - Student Portal Access
Access Sentral Parent Portal
Sentral is an online parent portal that provides parent with 24/7 access to different aspects of your child's education.
Parent Portal has been designed for parents to be more informed and in control of information relating to their child's campus. Students will be communicate via the Student Portal on Sentral.
Access to the Sentral Parent Portal can be gained through the following link - Parent Portal Access.
Hastings Secondary College Specific Resources
Stage 4 - Years 7 and 8 Learning Resources
Stage 5 - Years 9 and 10 Learning Resources
Stage 6 - Year 11 and 12 Remote Learning Resources
Teachers are in communication with students regarding their learning resources and process to access these resources.
The resources include subject specific links to independent learning resources, tips for study at home and recommendations for prioritising your childs study during an extended absence from school.
Misadventure/Illness Form (Years 11 and 12)
This form is for Year 11 and 12 if they miss a scheduled assessment. Advice from NESA is that students are still following scheduled assessment dates.
Setting up Your Learning Environment
- Fuse Education
- Education ABC
- Cool Australia Student Toolbox
- Rich Maths Curriculum Secondary Education
- Virtual Tours of Famous Museums
Scootle is a national repository that provides Australian schools with more than 20,000 digital resources aligned to the Australian Curriculum.
Australian Children's Television Foundation - films, books, apps and support material aligned to the Australian Curriculum.
TedEd - Short videos in the TEDTalk style, with support material designed for use in digital education by teachers. Most videos are from a US context, but the subjects are largely global.
Smartcopying - The official guide to Copyright issues for Australian schools.
Mathematical Association of New South Wales Incorporated (MANSW) - Provides support for Mathematics teachers K - 12 and encourages participation from tertiary educators to share their skills and expertise. The Primary and Middle Years Committee (PAM) is the primary section of MANSW.
- Drama New South Wales - Drama NSW is the official, professional body which represents the teachers of Drama in NSW. It is run by, and for, early-childhood, primary, secondary and tertiary teachers, drama practitioners, and theorists.
- Edutopia - Resources to help you implement project-based learning, social and emotional learning, comprehensive assessment, teacher development, integrated studies, and technology integration. US content.
- Trove - National Library of Australia. Find and get over 540,699,577 Australian and online resources: books, images, historic newspapers, maps, music, archives and more .
- MAAS - The Museum has three venues, a collection of over 500,000 objects, an engaging and ever-changing program of exhibitions and curriculum-relevant educational experiences. Many of their resources are available online.
- Google Arts and Culture - Explore collections from around the world. Discover artworks, collections and stories from all around the world in a new way. Explore cultural treasures in extraordinary detail.
- National Geographic Education - Our classroom materials are designed in a modular system, with activities as the base unit. An activity will fill one class period, while a lesson (a collection of activities) can fill up to a week of class time. Units (collections of lessons) are designed for longer periods of time.
- Alice Keeler's G Suite Lessons and Ideas -Alice Keeler is a mom, teacher, author, Google Certified Innovator, keynote speaker, and workshop presenter. Her site has great free tips, ideas and G Suite templates.
- Desmos.com - At Desmos, our mission is to help every student learn math and love learning math. With that in mind, we’ve assembled a collection of unique and engaging digital activities, which are free for you and your students.
- Microsoft Family Learning Center - Huge list of activities that can be adapted for remote learning. Aimed at ages 3- 12. (US content)