Campus Principals must ensure that their campus implements an anti-bullying plan that is developed collaboratively with students, school staff, parents, caregivers, and the community, and is reviewed every three years. The current anti-bullying plan was developed in 2017 and expires in 2020.
The anti-bullying plan is to include strategies for:
- developing a shared understanding of bullying behaviour that captures all forms of bullying including cyberbullying
- developing a statement of purpose that outlines individual and shared responsibilities of students, parents, caregivers and teachers for preventing and responding to bullying behaviour
- maintaining a positive climate of respectful relationships where bullying is less likely to occur
- developing and implementing programs for bullying prevention
- embedding anti-bullying messages into each curriculum area and in every year
- developing and implementing early intervention support for students who are identified by the school as being at risk of developing long-term difficulties with social relationships
- empowering the whole school community to recognise and respond appropriately to bullying, harassment and victimisation and behave as responsible bystanders
- developing and publicising clear procedures for reporting incidents of bullying to the school
- responding to incidents of bullying that have been reported to the school quickly and effectively
- matching a planned combination of interventions to the particular incident of bullying
- providing support for any student who has been affected by, engaged in or witnessed bullying behaviour
- providing regular updates, within the bounds of privacy legislation, to parents or caregivers about the management of the incidents
- identifying patterns of bullying behaviour and responding to such patterns
- monitoring and evaluating of the effectiveness of the plan
- reporting annual to the school community on the effectiveness of the plan.
Campuses are currently reviewing this policy and seek your feedback on the plan.
Please read the plan and provide feedback on the below form. This information will go directly to the campus deputy principal who will integrate feedback into the plan.