Parent-teacher interviews provide an important opportunity to discuss your child’s progress with their teachers. This year as a result of COVID-19 we will be asking parents to provide an expression of interest to request a phone interview with your child's teachers rather than face-to-face parent/teacher conference.
The process will happen exactly the same way as face-to-face but over the phone. Each interview is 5 minutes.
How will it Work?
- Click on your Child's Year (below)
- Complete the Expression of Interest Form for Parent/Teacher Conference
- Forms need to be completed by Monday 30 March.
- Conference will commence between Wednesday 1 April - Thursday 9 April.
- Teachers will schedule conferences based on the information you have provided.
- Please note some teachers may not be available due to absence or leave.
How do I prepare for Parent/Teacher Conference?
- Be prepared to answer the call. Understand that teachers will be set to allocated times and there will be other parent conference calls after yours.
- Speak with your child ask them how they feel about school, ask them if there is anything that they want you to talk to the teacher about, tell your child that you will be speaking to their teachers.
- Have a pen and piece of paper to take down any notes
- Ask for explanations of anything you don't understand
- Bring questions or provide questions on expression of interest form. This will assist the teachers in preparing for your conversation. Don't be afraid to engage in frank conversations with your child's teacher. Your goal is to develop an action plan for your child's success at school. Good questions could include; Is my child working to their ability? What can we do at home to support what you are doing in the classroom? How does my child get along with classmates? What are my child's strengths and weaknesses?
- Behaviour at home - bring up anything that is happening at home that could affect your child's behaviour, learning, or participation in class.
Expression of Interest for Parent/Teacher Conference
Please click the below link and complete the form if you require a parent teacher conference for your child.
|Year 7 Parent Teacher Conference||Year 8 Parent Teacher Conference|
|Year 9 Parent Teacher Conference||Year 10 Parent Teacher Conference|
|Year 11 Parent Teacher Conference||Year 12 Parent Teacher Conference|