Port Macquarie Campus Parents and Citizens is well supported by an active and vibrant P&C. The Port Macquarie P&C Association is a progressive group who work with parents, staff and students to support the Hastings Secondary College long term vision and to meet the immediate needs of our students and the greater campus community.
P&C Association provide a forum for people from the campus and the local community to help make decisions regarding the Port Macquarie Campus.
The Port Macquarie Campus, Parents, and Citizens Association, promotes the interest of the campus by bringing all members of the campus community in close communication and co-operation. It also assists in providing valuable equipment and resources to the campus and supporting the College and Campus strategic plans.
The main purpose of the P & C is to support the campus to enhance the educational experience of our students. We provide a vital link between parents/guardians and the campusand help create a strong parent and community involvement.
- To approach all issues with a positive attitude.
- To have good communication with the campus parents and the broader community
- To respect the wishes and beliefs of all the teachers and parents.
- To cooperate with the school administration and effectively use P&C resources to benefit the children of Hastings Secondary College Port Macquarie campus.
Our P&C Association is a vital part of the campus success, assisting the campus by providing:
- guidance and feedback on school policies and activities
- additional funding to purchase resources to enhance student learning and future focussed learning ensuring the environment is fit for learning
- parents/carers with opportunities to be involved in their child’s education
- families with opportunities to engage with the school community
- apply for grants to provide opportunities for all students to excel in success making students work/university ready.
Held: 3rd Tuesday of every month during term @ 6:30 pm, venue Port Macquarie Campus Staff Room.
President: David Boswell
Secretary: Belinda Green
Treasurer: Aaron Sherwood
Vice President 1: Jenny Nalder
Vice President 2: Drusi Megget
Join a Great Community
If you want to make friends, have fun and feel part of the campus community all while improving your child’s experience at Hastings Secondary College Port Macquarie Campus, then join the P&C.
If you would like the opportunity to influence and be part of the decision making the process at your campus then your P&C is for you.
You will have the chance to share any expertise you have with others, meet other parents and teachers and get to know your principal.
We encourage you to play an active role in your child’s education. Your involvement will lead to improved student learning - intellectually, socially and emotionally. It is also your right to participate and to be part of decision making at Hastings Secondary College Port Macquarie Campus.
Download and complete the Port Macquarie Campus P&C Membership Interest Form and return it to the campus office (Owen Street) with $2.00. Details of voting rights will be provided to you in an email from the P&C secretary.
The Port Macquarie Campus P&C Association is a group of volunteers from our campus community who want to be a part of our children’s education experience.
Many of our members are working parents, with commitments and varying amounts of time, skills or experience to contribute.
Together, we can be a strong and productive organisation that can add to the services and resources that Hastings Secondary College Port Macquarie Campus already delivers to our children.
We would love to have you on board. Click here to register volunteer time to our Campus.
Working with Children Checks
There are 2 types of P&C volunteers which require different documents.
1. Is a P&C volunteer who is a close relative of a student at the School - they require
- 100 points of ID and a completed appendix 5
2. Is any other P&C volunteer - they require
- 100 points of ID and a WWCC which can be a volunteer or paid WWCC
- Appendix 5 link
For more information
Quick Guide information can be found at the Parents & Citizens Federation's website.