The Port Macquarie Campus Parents & Citizens Association is a group of enthusiastic members from the parent and community body who work with parents, staff and students to support the Hastings Secondary College and to meet the immediate needs of our students and the greater campus community.
The P&C provides a forum for people from the campus and the local community to help make decisions regarding the Port Macquarie Campus.
We meet once a month during term time to discuss ways to support the school. We fundraise to enhance our ability to contribute to purchasing equipment and resources for the school and aim to provide a forum for direct communication between the school and parent and community bodies.
The main purpose of the P & C is to support the campus to enhance the educational experience of our students. We provide a vital link between parents/guardians and the campus and help create strong parent and community involvement.
- To have good communication with the campus parents and the broader community
- To respect the wishes and beliefs of all the teachers and parents and be positive in all our interactions.
- To cooperate with the school staff and administration aiming to effectively use P&C resources to benefit the children of Hastings Secondary College Port Macquarie campus.
Our P&C Association is a vital part of the campus success, assisting the campus by providing:
- guidance and feedback on school policies and activities • additional funding to purchase resources to enhance student learning and future focussed learning ensuring the environment is fit for learning • families with opportunities to engage with the school community and be involved with their child’s education
- applications for grants to provide opportunities for all students to excel, helping to make students work/university ready.
Held: 3rd Tuesday of every month during term @ 7.00pm.
President - Belinda Green
Secretary - Glenys Rhodes
Treasurer - Meredith Wyatt
Vice President - Noni Collins
Vice President - Tonia Woodberry
Non office bearing executives: Jem Hanson
Like us on Facebook
Click here to like us on Facebook
Join a Great Community
If you want to make friends, have fun and feel part of the campus community all while improving your child’s experience at Hastings Secondary College Port Macquarie Campus, then join the P&C.
If you would like the opportunity to influence and be part of the decision making the process at your campus then your P&C is for you.You will have the chance to share any expertise you have with others, meet other parents and teachers and get to know your principal.
We encourage you to play an active role in your child’s education. Your involvement will lead to improved student learning - intellectually, socially and emotionally. It is also your right to participate and to be part of decision making at Hastings Secondary College Port Macquarie Campus.
If you would like to join please email the Secretary at H.S.C.Portmacquariecampus@Pandcaffiliate.Org.Au
You can join us on zoom to find out if you'd like to join. To be a voting member you will need to pay the enormous price of $2 and complete the membership form which an be downloaded at the below link
Money can be directly transferred to our account.
The Port Macquarie Campus P&C Association is a group of volunteers from our campus community who want to be a part of our children’s education experience.
Many of our members are working parents, with commitments and varying amounts of time, skills or experience to contribute.
Together, we can be a strong and productive organisation that can add to the services and resources that Hastings Secondary College Port Macquarie Campus already delivers to our children.
We would love to have you on board. Click here to register volunteer time to our Campus.
Working with Children Checks
There are 2 types of P&C volunteers which require different documents.
1. Is a P&C volunteer who is a close relative of a student at the School - they require
- 100 points of ID and a completed appendix 5
2. Is any other P&C volunteer - they require
- 100 points of ID and a WWCC which can be a volunteer or paid WWCC
- Appendix 5 link
For more information
Quick Guide information can be found at the Parents & Citizens Federation's website.