Concerned about your children’s safety on social media? Looking for the answers but not sure where to turn? The Safe on Social Media face-to-face presentation and Q&A session delivers real life case studies and strategies to help parents support their children.
Parent Session Details
- Date: Thursday 12 March 2020
- Time: 7 pm - 8 pm
- Venue: Hastings Secondary College Port Macquarie Campus School Hall, Owen Street Port Macquarie.
Senior Constable Steven Jeffery Police Liaison Officer will present with Kirra on the Laws around social media.
Topics covered but not limited to:
- Using social media with awareness
- Keeping personal information private
- Online grooming
- Posting photos and sexting
- Safe social networking
- Privacy settings
- What your posts say about you
- Identity theft
- Legal responsibility
- Gaming dangers
- Learning to read tween/teenager behaviour online
- Managing digital footprints
- Strategies to build resistance and resilience
Both Kirra and Constable Jeffery will be available for questions and answers at the session.
Session is aimed toward parents with children aged 10 - 18 and is open to the Port Macquarie-Hastings Community.