In line with health advice, Hastings Secondary College are operating full time, and many additional activities are now able to recommence. We have returned to full-time on-campus learning. With updated health advice and changes to state and national restrictions, schools are able to recommence the majority of school-based activities from either 15 June 2020 or the start of Term 3 (20 July 2020). Some activities are continuing to be considered.
Within the guidelines you will also find links to other relevant supporting information.
Summary of the guidelines include:
From Thursday 11 June
- White card training (student construction induction training ) can be conducted on site from now by external providers
- All curricular or extra-curricular programs or services delivered by Department of Education staff can recommence
From Monday, 15 June the following will be permitted:
- All Department of Community and Justice activities
- Choirs and performing arts at school within your school setting only
- Incursions/external providers relating to curriculum
- Some activities which involve students visiting other schools
- Return of TVET and school based apprenticeships to TAFE
- Most community use activities
From Term 3, schools can resume the following:
- All school sport and activities including competition aligned with current health advice
- Inter-school student events and competitions
- Incursions/external providers not already permitted involving external adult providers
- SRE/SEE volunteers
- Work experience for students
A limited number of activities remain under consideration and for now these events must remain on hold.