Congratulations go to Tanisha Palmer for her award of runner-up for the Zonta International Young Women in Public Affairs Award.
Zonta International established the Young Women in Public Affairs Award in 1990. Zonta International is a leading global organisation of professionals empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy. The Award recognizes young women, ages 16-19, who demonstrate superior leadership skills and a commitment to public service and civic causes and encourages them to continue their participation in public and political life.
Zonta Clubs around the world are now calling for applications for the 2019 Young Women in Public Affairs Award.
The locally judged winner will receive $500 from the Zonta Club of Port Macquarie Inc. Every applicant will receive a certificate.
The winning application is eligible for District (NSW/ACT) judging, then Zonta International. One District winner receives $US1,500, and 10 Zonta International winners receive a further $US4,000 (almost AUD8,000 at current exchange rates).
- Application posted on the Zonta International website (www.zonta.org) available now.
- Applications received by Zonta Club of Port Macquarie on or before 30 November.
- If the applicant is in Year 12, NEXT YEAR (2019) they have until 1 March 2019.
- Club winner’s application sent to District 24 Governor by 1 April.
- District selected application is forwarded to Zonta International by 1 May.
- The announcement of the district and international recipients 1 July 2019.
Forms should be downloaded from the Zonta International website https://www.zonta.org/Portals/0/Membership/Tools/AwardScholarshipFellowshipTools/2019YWPAApplication.pdf Save with Adobe Acrobat to use fillable fields. Completed forms are to be submitted electronically to the Zonta Club of Port Macquarie Inc. email@example.com.
The closing date for entries from current Year 12 students in the Hastings/Macleay area is 30th November 2018. If a student is not going to be in Year 12 until 2019, they have until 1st March 2019 to nominate and complete forms.