Students and staff, welcome back to school for Term 4.
Welcome back. I hope you were able to enjoy a change of pace over the holiday break, to take some time out for yourself and refresh for Term 4.
Our students were expected back for face-to-face learning from Wednesday 6th October. Any students who live in an area still under stay-at-home orders are also expected back at school for face-to-face learning as this is allowed under the public health order. The best learning environment for students is in the classroom and we are encouraging our College community to trust our Covid safe environment.
I know that there will be some students and some of you who have personal concerns about returning to our campus sites, or are weary after this current lockdown period. Can I encourage you to visit the COVID-19 Advice for Families page for the Wellbeing Handy Hints guides for students, parents and carers.
As a reminder, here’s what our families and students can expect at our College under COVID-safe Level 3 conditions:
- Staff will be required to wear masks indoors and outdoors while on school grounds.
- Students in Year 7 and above will also be required to wear masks indoors on school grounds. Masks are recommended outdoors.
- We will reduce overall mingling of our different student years which means no school assemblies or sport (outside of existing PDHPE classes), excursions or field trips.
- Only essential visitors will be allowed on site and will be required to check in and wear masks at all times.
- Our Canteen is open with appropriate hygiene measures in place.
- Parents and carers will need to remain outside of school grounds, follow physical distancing and avoid gathering for drop-offs and pick-ups.
- There will be enhanced daily cleaning of the school and wherever possible we will ensure classrooms will be well-ventilated with open windows.
We have worked closely with NSW Health in developing our return to school roadmap and COVID-safe school plan. NSW Health will continue to monitor vaccination rates and transmission levels in our LGA and will advise us if settings need re-evaluation.
We are also supporting our school staff to receive 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccination by 8 November. This will help protect our staff and students and we encourage our entire school community to also get vaccinated as soon as possible.
All students are expected - and will be supported - to return to school for face-to-face learning. I encourage you to get in touch with us directly and visit the Wellbeing for students and families page for support materials.
Please also find a message from a medical practitioner regarding Year 7 vaccinations.
The College refurbishment has well and truly started at Port Macquarie Campus! I have included some pictures of the Stage 1 works. I hope to provide you with some updates on Westport Campus refurbishment next week. Our staff and students are managing the infrastructure challenges very well.
Once again, thank you for your ongoing support.