High achieving Aboriginal students from government schools and key community leaders from across the Hastings will be celebrated at an awards ceremony on November 19 at Hastings Secondary College – Westport Campus.
The local awards form part of a state wide initiative to recognise the hard work students, their teachers and community members play in obtaining greater educational outcomes for Aboriginal students.
- Caitlin Axelby - Caitlin is a part of the school leadership team through her involvement with the Westport Waste Environment and Sustainability Team and has helped gain grants for extra recycling bins for school. Caitlin was selected to represent our area in the regional youth task force in Sydney.
- Esta-Louise Bryon - Ester-Louise is a friendly student who builds those around her. She has led by example in the Cattle Team and supported other students
- Caitlin Axelby - Caitlin is a consistent learner who excels in the subject area of Biology. She has always demonstrated diligence and compliment to achieving a high standard.
- Michael Smith - Michael is a dedicated student who demonstrates in every lesson a commitment to a high level of excellence. He has received some outstanding results in STEM this year and has made his teachers and school proud.
Exceptional Attendance Award
- Zara Byron - Zara is a student that has an outstanding attendance record. She is always on time and prepared to learn, a model to other students within the school.
- Esta-Louise Byron - Esta-louise is a polite and kind student. Her attendance is currently sitting at 99% and uniform is consistent.
We are so proud of all our students being recognised in front of their peers, family and community.