College Connect is designed to build relationships and understanding with students and parents/carers with the aim of supporting and assisting in a seamless transition to secondary school.
Over the year the College Team will discuss and explore with parents and students:
- College Connect - The comprehensive program of events for the year. Year 5 and 6 primary school parents and careers can subscribe to our newsletter. Information is sent from the College twice a term. Subscribe here.
- Zenith - an enrichment program to enhance and extend learning experiences for gifted and high achieving students
- Academies and PIPs - Creative and Performing Arts, Sports and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- Supported Learning - an individualised program for students identified by the Department of Education for placement in supported learning
- iExplore - a program to identify and assist in transitioning those students who may require additional support adapting from Year 6 to Year 7
Each year in December, Year six students are welcomed to Hastings Secondary College for a day of orientation as they prepare for life as a high school student. Find out more about what happens on orientation day.
For more information contact Mrs Michelle Garven College Head Teacher.