Tournament of Minds (TOM) offers teams of students the opportunity to solve authentic, open-ended challenges that foster creative, divergent thinking while developing collaborative enterprise, excellence, and teamwork.
Tournament of Minds is a problem-solving programme for teams of students from both primary and secondary years. The competition aims to enhance the potential of our youth by developing diverse skills, enterprise, time management, and the discipline to work collaboratively in a challenging and competitive environment.
They are required to solve demanding, continuing challenges from one of the following disciplines:
- New training for those who have a love for the visual and performing arts!!!
- The long-term challenges will involve research before developing a creative interpretation in response to the Challenge. There are plenty of opportunities for artistic expression in the form of dance, song, musical instruments, theatre and all sorts of the Visual Arts.
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- A new discipline starting in 2018!
- The combination of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics principles provides an integrated approach for students to deepen their conceptual understanding and use their creative and critical thinking skills to solve the challenges within an authentic context.
- Language Literature Challenges will involve in-depth analysis and research of texts from a variety of fields.
- A journey through the moral and ethical issues confronting society in the 21st Century.
Tournament of Minds is an opportunity for students with a passion for learning and problem solving to demonstrate their skills and talents in an exciting, vibrant and public way.
The rapidly increasing and widespread involvement of thousands of participants throughout Australia and internationally demonstrates that Tournament of Minds is not only a worthwhile investment in the education of our youth but is also an integral part of our collective future.
Real World Benefits
Tournament of Minds offers real-world benefits as it looks beyond academic achievement and understands that the pursuit of excellence knows no boundaries.
The Tournament process provides a platform for excellence and equips participants with twenty-first-century skills and strategies.